Many bodybuilders face the problem of choosing products, so we consider it necessary to list those products from which you can form a full-fledged diet for gaining muscle mass. Most products contain both protein, fat, and carbohydrates, so the division is made conditionally, just to give emphasis. Do not eat the same food in large quantities for a long time, otherwise after a while you will develop an aversion to it. Try to constantly alternate products and update your menu.
In fact, there are not so many protein-rich foods. Let’s list the most popular and affordable ones, in order of their value to the athlete:
1. Meat — any, low-fat. Poultry meat is preferable because it contains almost no fat and is easily digested.
2. Fish and other seafood. Fish can also be consumed any, including fat at least 2-3 times a week.
3. Dairy products. Give preference to low-fat products. The most popular products are cottage cheese , kefir, milk, yoghurts , etc.
4. Eggs. You can eat 6-8 eggs a day, along with the yolks. It is scientifically proven that if you do not have high blood cholesterol, then eggs will not affect its level in any way in the future.
5. Legumes. Beans, beans, peas, mash, lentils are the most important plant sources of protein, although its value is lower than that of other products. Lentils and chickpeas also contain significant amounts of BCAAs. Soy is not specifically included in this list, as soy products are now often genetically modified, and men are not recommended to eat soy because of its hormonal activity.
6. Nuts-contain not only protein, but also valuable unsaturated fatty acids
- Porridge. Cereals contain slow-digesting carbohydrates, protein, as well as trace elements and vitamins. The most useful cereals: buckwheat, barley (pearl barley), oatmeal, rice, millet, corn, wheat, quinoa.
- Macaroni and noodles. Give preference to products made from wholemeal flour and durum wheat.
- Bread. Consume mostly black bread.
- Cereals and muesli allow you to diversify the athlete’s menu quite well.
2. Vegetables and mushrooms.
Limit all starchy vegetables, such as potatoes, boiled or stewed carrots, and beets. Fresh vegetables are considered the most useful, as they contain the maximum amount of vitamins. Vegetables should be combined with almost every protein meal, because they contribute to the digestion and assimilation of animal protein, are a source of fiber necessary for digestion, and contain a large amount of vitamins, macro-and microelements. Mushrooms give the dishes an aroma and taste, but they do not represent a nutritious, and even more so protein value due to the fact that the protein of mushrooms is not absorbed by the human body.
3. Fruits and greens.
Extremely useful products that contain a lot of vitamins and minerals. However, sweet fruits (grapes, pears, ripe bananas, persimmons) contain a lot of simple sugars, so their use should be limited .
Separately, it is recommended to takeOmega-3 fatty acids that have a positive effect on the body. Otherwise, you should use vegetable oils in small quantities. An important source of fat is seafood. See also: healthy fats.
Combination with sports nutrition and steroids
This diet can be used both independently and in combination with sports nutrition, and with anabolic steroids.
Protein shakes should be taken between meals, before bed, immediately after bedtime, and immediately after exercise.
If there is a gaineravailable, then it should be taken only an hour before the workout, as well as after the end of the session. After a workout, you should drink whey isolate, which has a strong evidence base of BCAAs.
It is highly desirable to use a vitamin and mineral complex, as there are not enough vitamins in the bodybuilder’s diet, since often there are simply not enough intestinal resources for fruits and greens.
Take creatine after your workout, along with sweet juice, or mix it with a weight gainer or protein supplement. This will ensure that it is best absorbed by the muscles.
Anabolic steroids do not make any changes to the diet, except that you can eat much more, and the ideal weight gain is 1-1.5 kg per week, that is,2 times more.